FSC Certified Cumaru Decking SALE - $3.95/LF
Please call for shipping rates
Cumaru Decking has a warm honey brown color with beautiful grain. Also known as Brazilian Chestnut or Brazilian Teak. Cumaru Hardwood Decking will gradually age to a nice silver-grey if left untreated. It can be oiled or stained to retain its warm brown color.
Cumaru Decking is among the most resilient natural untreated decking materials available on the market today. A popular choice for both commercial and residential decking. This FSC Decking truly is one of the best decking products available in terms of strength, stability, durability, and natural resistance to decay, wet conditions, and infestation by termites and wood borers of all types. This FSC decking contains no harmful chemicals and can be used near water with no worry of contamination.
Why is Cumaru decking so highly regarded by decking professionals?
- Resists mold, rot, decay, and termites without chemicals
- 100% Natural, chemical free material
- Low maintenance with a 50+ year life span
- Weathers the storms & UV rays from the sun without buckling under pressure
- Looks good years from now unlike pressure treated or peeling composites
- Colors from warm honey to reddish brown
- Versatile in commercial or residential applications
- Stays cool and is safe for bare feet with great scratch resistance
- Save over 25% compared to Ipe & composites
- 35 - 45% cheaper than FSC Ipe
- The sustainable choice! Much more readily available in an FSC due to overharvesting of Ipe.
Botanical Name: Dipteryx Odorata
Other Names: Almendrillo, Brazilian Teak, Tonka, and Tonquin Bean
Origin: South America (Peru)
Properties: Janka Hardness of 3540
Earth Friendly Option: By purchasing wood that is sustainably harvested, you're actively supporting eco-friendly forestry practices and in turn create economic value for healthy rainforest ecosystems, ensuring their preservation for generations to come. So how can you know that your lumber has been harvested responsibly? There are many organizations out there that will certify lumber, but the only truly trustworthy one is the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). We are proud to offer FSC Certified Cumaru Decking.