Home > STAINS + FINISHES > Seal-Once Waterproofers >
Seal-Once Exotic Wood Protection 1 Gallon
Green product formulated for exterior use on properly prepared, unsealed wood surfaces such as decks, railings, shingles, siding, fences, planters and furniture. Allow pressure-treated wood to age up to six months before applying.
Available in 1-gallon and 5-gallon sizes
• Waterproofs, prevents mold and mildew; UV protection.
• Penetrates wood up to 3/8".
• Helps prevent cracking, splitting and warping.
• Water-based, odorless and non-flammable.
• Will not burn skin.
• Will not harm fish, plants, pets, or livestock.
• Clear formula maintains natural wood color.
• Tinted formulas add color without hiding grain.
• Safe to use over fresh and saltwater.
• All surfaces should be cleaned before sealing for best penetration and performance of a coating. Remove algae, grime or mildew with appropriate cleaners.
• After cleaning, test absorbency of wood by sprinkling a few drops of water on the surface. If the water does not readily penetrate the surface, stripping will be necessary to remove old coatings prior to applying product. (Sanding or removal of paint containing lead may be hazardous. Call 1-800-424-LEAD for details.)
• Do not use if air or surface temperature is below 35°F.
• Do not apply in rain or when rain is imminent.
• DO NOT THIN. Mix well. Stir contents or shake thoroughly prior to use.
• Apply two even coats wet on damp with garden sprayer, brush, air-assisted and/or airless sprayer. Use medium spray pattern.
• For best results, apply in the evening, out of direct sunlight, and at cooler temperatures.
• When applying in direct sunlight and wood is hot, spray with a mist of water and apply immediately on dampened surface.
• Apply to all wood surfaces and ends.
• Do not use with other waterproofing products. An additional third coat may be needed on dry, porous wood.
• Wood can be stained or painted after Seal-Once™ is cured.
• Approximate coverage: 200-300 square feet/gallon. Apply two coats. Actual coverage will vary due to porosity of surface.
• Allow water to evaporate before subjecting surface to light foot traffic — up to 2 hours; 24-48 hours for full cure, depending on temperature and humidity.
• When recoating, apply as soon as previous coat has penetrated the surface. CLEAN UP
• Clean equipment and brushes with warm, soapy water.
• Store unused product above 32°F, protect from freezing.