The annual Northwest Green Home Tour is coming to the Puget Sound area May 4 – 5, 2019. It’s an engaging, self-guided tour of new and remodeled homes as well as commercial spaces that feature green building solutions.
Did you know that over 50% of new homes sold in King County are green?
Greenhome Solutions is thrilled to be sponsoring the two-day green home tour produced by the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild, which takes place in the greater Seattle area as well as the South Sound. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from your neighbors and local experts to understand “what makes it green”. See firsthand the many ways that environmentally conscious design and construction can benefit not only the planet as a whole, but your local community, your family, and you!
The Green Home Tour includes many examples of green building and cutting edge features:
- Backyard cottages (or Detached Accessory Dwelling Unit – it’s also known as a DADU)
- Full home remodels featuring spiral staircases, salvaged and repurposed materials, and solar panels.
- Tour the first home in Seattle to be certified as a NET ZERO BUILDING by the Living Building Challenge in 2016.
- Energy retrofits – see how residents are lowering their energy bills!
- 4 Star Green Built-Certified cottage community and townhomes
- The greenest commercial building in the world is in our own backyard and you have an opportunity to tour it – The Bullitt Center!
Tickets are FREE but a $10/person donation is much appreciated and goes to an awesome non-profit, the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild.
Do you have a green story to tell?
Showcase your project on the Northwest Green Home Tour! The annual tour is a great chance to educate the public about green building and to connect with potential clients. If you have a residence or green business that you’d like to include on this year’s tour (or future tours!), click here to register your site.